The Versailles Water Treatment Plant has production capacity of 10 million gallons of water per day. The source of water for Versailles is the Kentucky River. Versailles has taken a pro-active approach in assuring that all customers of Versailles Municipal Water will have safe clean drinking water well into the future.
The current Versailles Wastewater Treatment Plant has a design capacity of 3 million gallons per day. Recent renovations have been implemented to improve the bio-solids handling capacity at the facility. These improvements will greatly increase the efficiency of this facility.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion
Versailles Municipal Utilities is in the design phase of a major wastewater treatment plant expansion. At nearly $20 million, it will represent the single largest project undertaken by the City of Versailles. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. In conjunction with the plant expansion, we are also making approximately $7 million of improvements to our sewer collection system. To finance these projects, the Versailles City Council implemented three sewer rate increases of 18.5%. The first increase will be seen on customers' March 2016 bills; the other two will go into effect in March 2017 and March 2018.
For more information, and to see the information presented at the December 2015 Public Meeting on the subject, please click here: WWTP Power Pont.pptx
Signing up for water/sewer service with Versailles Municipal Utilities:
In order to sign up for water/sewer service, you must visit the Versailles Municipal Utilities office located in City Hall at 196 South Main Street. This office is open Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. Effective May 26, 2015, a $100.00 deposit is required for all customers. The deposit must be paid at the time you sign up for service. We only accept cash, check, or money order.
In order to have service placed in your name on the same day, you must come into the office by 2:30p.m. If you are moving from one location to another, within our service area, then your deposit will transfer to the new location. If you are going to have water service in your name at more than one location, then a deposit is required at each location.
For additional information, including rates, please see the VMU Information Sheet.pdf
Water/Sewer Service Information:
- Water and sewer bills are mailed to customers on the 1st of each month. If you fail to receive a bill by the 5th of the month, please contact our office at (859) 873-5437.
- Bills are due on the 15th of each month. If a bill is not paid by the close of business on the 15th of the month, then a 10% late fee is assessed. Any bill not paid by the close of business on the 25th of the month will have a $40.00 processing fee assessed in addition to any late fees that had already been assessed.
- Termination of service on the 26th of each month if the bill has not been paid.
- For your convenience, we have two drive up deposit boxes which are located in the front and rear of City Hall. These boxes may be used 24 hours a day for all payments to the City of Versailles.
- We also offer automatic bank draft. This service is an easy and convenient way to pay your utility bill. You may come in and sign up for this service or download our bank draft form and drop it off at City Hall along with a voided check. Click here to pay your bill online, with a credit or debit card.
For new development and/or construction, water meters of various sizes are available for purchase. The rates for water meter taps are as follows:
- ¾ inch = $2,000.00
- 1 inch = $2,300.00
- 1½ inch = $3,100.00
- 2 inch = $3,500.00
- Anything above 2 inch = $2,000.00 (plus contractor provides Sensus brand touch read meter)
- The sewer tap charge is included in the water meter price
- There is a $1,500.00 fee for sewer service where Versailles Municipal Utilities does not provide the water